GIFCT members agree to uphold the following standards:
- Content standards that explicitly prohibit the promotion of terrorism in their terms of service, community guidelines, or other publicly available content policies
- The ability to receive and act on reports of illegal activity or activity violating terms of service
- A desire to explore new technical solutions to content and conduct challenges
- Regular, public data transparency
- A public commitment to respecting human rights, particularly free expression and privacy, when implementing content removal policies
- Support for expanding the capacity of civil society organizations to challenge violent extremism
Are you a tech company focused on solutions to terrorist and violent extremist exploitation on your platform?
Apply for GIFCT membership to join our industry efforts to study, learn and develop innovative solutions in line with our mission to prevent terrorism and violent extremism exploitation from digital platforms.
The GIFCT-Tech Against Terrorism Partnership
Originally launched by the United Nations Counter-Terrorism Executive Directorate (UN CTED) in 2016, Tech Against Terrorism (TaT) partners with GIFCT on two key initiatives: mentorship of platforms interested in joining GIFCT and knowledge sharing within the tech industry and across the private, public, and civil society sectors.
There are five key parts to the GIFCT-TaT mentorship program:
2. In-depth Assessment
3. Resources and Pledge
4. Policy Support
The Knowledge-Sharing Platform is a collection of tools that startups and small tech companies can use to better protect themselves from terrorist and violent extremist exploitation of their services.
Access the Knowledge-Sharing Platform here.